Monday, June 16, 2008

A Measure of Success

It's the first day of summer vacation! Ahhh! It feels good to have a bit more time on my hands. I still have work on my online courses, but no big deadlines around the corner and no 1st graders to meet at 10:45 each day.

With a great deal of cooperation from my fellow teachers I was able to complete a small piece of both my 1st grade and 3rd grade projects.

3rd Grade Wiki
Ms. W's class, the chatty bunch struck silent by the introduction of the Wiki, were the farthest ahead and were able to publish some answers to their key questions in the Wiki. Next time I will have them compose in Word and then copy and paste into the Wiki. We lost a lot of time waiting for the Wiki to be available to edit. There was one student who was so excited about the Wiki that she came to talk to me outside class about how I set it up. Made my day!

1st Grade Publishing
Ms. J is a very tech savvy teacher and very accommodating. So I asked her if I could work with her students outside of their regular computer time. I learned from a second grader how to make recordings directly in KidPix. So we made a KidPix slideshow out of it. It didn't turn out as polished as I would have liked, but the kids were thrilled to see their work! Ms. J brought them to the lab to see it on the last day of school and she is planning to create a slideshow next year.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: