Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bad Report Card

My euphoria from last week has worn off. Remember back in elementary school when all you got was S (satisfactory) or NS (not satisfactory)? Today I felt like a kid who got her report card back covered with NS.

I didn't realize how much I wanted closure on my projects. How important it was for me to have a concrete finished product. And I am not going to get it.

My colleagues decided that we won't have our regular classes all next week. We have field day Monday and Tuesday, so those days are lost. Wednesday and Thursday we will have our end of year celebration. It all makes sense of course, but I was hoping to have just a few more days to teach.

This week is it. I get to see each class one more time.

The wiki isn't done. The 1st grade PowerPoint project isn't done. One of the second grade teachers, who isn't particularly techie finished a better KidPix project with her class than I was able to manage.

The donated computers we got last month are still sitting in the corner of the lab. I forgot to write an agenda for the Media & Technology meeting tomorrow morning. I couldn't remember kids' names today.

Sigh! The price you pay for biting off more than you can chew in the last 10 days of school!

. . . but I'd do it again, and probably will.

No comments: